What We Do
Corvil is a provider of IT monitoring systems for high-performance businesses. These businesses believe in leveraging the latest IT technology and skills as a means to achieving higher growth, competitive advantage and greater efficiencies. The Corvil solution is optimized for monitoring high performance IT environments challenged with the delivery of:
High-speed networks and data centers that must operate consistently at high-performance
Low-latency applications, services, and content that enable new business processes and services and must be delivered with minimum delay
High-velocity data acquisition and delivery that allow the businesses to analyze and take decisions in real-time
What We Provide
Corvil supplies products and services to cost-effectively monitor the most demanding high-performance and low-latency IT systems on a global scale. Our monitoring system is called CorvilNet and is used by our customers to achieve:
ONE INTEGRATED VIEW OF TRANSACTION, APPLICATION AND NETWORK PERFORMANCE that can be used by all interested stakeholders in IT and the business
REAL-TIME ANALYTICS AND ALERTING OF TECHNOLOGY AND BUSINESS RISK to allow pro-active management of faults, performance degradation and/or anomalous behaviour
RELIABLE CAPTURE, TRANSFORMATION AND RESTRUCTURING OF HIGH-VELOCITY LIVE DATA from the network for use in BIG DATA analysis projects
Where We Come From
Corvil has spent the past several years working with the electronic trading community and has built a strong brand and reputation for monitoring the IT systems that underpin the world’s financial markets.
The world of trading in financial markets has undergone a major transformation of its business as it transitioned from human intensive floor-based trading to machine and algorithmic driven electronic trading. This transition has forever changed the economics and competitive dynamics for businesses engaged in trading. New technology in the form of ultra-fast computing, high-capacity storage and low-latency networking unleashed a new generation of high-performance trading platforms and ignited a fundamentally new approach to how people trade in financial markets.
The IT departments of businesses engaged in trading in modern financial markets must operate successfully in an environment that is:
- Highly dynamic, agile and an extreme pressure to get to market first
- Practically zero tolerance for lack of performance and downtime
- High business impact on non-delivery of IT systems and services performance
The new IT environment that has emerged and is now typical for a trading business is characterized by:
- Explosive data volumes driving a continuous need for higher and more affordable capacity for computing, network bandwidth and storage
- Very low-latency application performance with a premium afforded to environments that can deliver predictable and consistent latency behavior for transactions and data delivery
- High-velocity data acquisition, re-structuring, analysis and alerting for every single packet that traverses the trading network with an ability to archive the data for further analysis, reporting and fulfillment of compliance obligations
IT organizations faced with the challenge of delivering and managing these type of systems are being forced to adapt. We see many of our customers undertaking initiatives that drive:
- Consolidation of systems, tools and infrastructure to cut costs and expand services to a wider community of users and clients
- Re-organization and re-engineering of IT processes to better align with the business and promote greater collaboration between network, application development, application operations, and business support groups
- Investment in training and new skills to acquire the expertise necessary to deliver on this IT challenge
Corvil products, services and expertise are optimized to handle the IT monitoring and data acquisition needs of this type of challenging IT environment. We believe that the approach used in electronic trading community is spreading quickly to the broader financial enterprise and will eventually serve as the blue-print for IT systems that support high-performance businesses across all industry verticals.
Who Are Our Customers
Many of the largest global banks, exchanges and service providers in financial markets use and rely on Corvil to monitor their IT systems and provide them with the visibility, data and expertise to successfully grow their businesses.
Reference customers include:
Global Banks: Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, Nomura, Commerzbank
Global Exchanges: NASDAQ OMX, NYSE, CME, Deutsche Boerse, Tokyo Stock Exchange
Global Service Providers: IDC, Thomson Reuters, BT, Century Link
Where We Operate
Corvil is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Singapore and Dublin.