Corvil Limited ("Corvil" or "we") respects your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with us and with this website and other digital platforms. This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding the way this information is used.
Our legal bases for collecting and using your data include a) it is necessary to provide our products and services to you; b) you have given us your consent (which you may revoke at any time); c) where necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise and defend legal claims; and d) where necessary for the purpose of our or others' legitimate interests.
We would like you to be aware of:
Collection & Use
Information We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- For website enquiries - you provide us with information such as your name, title, company address, areas of interest, email address, and telephone and fax numbers, when you visit or use our website and enquire for further information.
- At events and for marketing - you provide us with your information such as your name, place of work and contact details, when you sign up to or attend our events or otherwise engage with our business.
- For technical support - you provide us with information by sending us emails via the Customer Portal on our website. These messages will necessarily contain your email name and email address, as well as any additional information you may wish to include in the message.
- For learning - you provide us with information by participating in the Corvil Learning Center which includes name, email address, company and learning progress.
- When submitting a curriculum vitae (CV) - you provide us with certain information when you send us your CV so that we can consider you for roles at Corvil.
- Automatically from your device - we automatically collect certain information from your browser or device when you use our website. For example, we collect data regarding the device you're using, such as its unique identifier and operating system; logs will be recorded by our servers based on the information sent from your app or browser; and information may be recorded by cookies and similar technologies when you use the Services.
- From third parties - we may receive information from other third parties, which may include information about you. For example, we may receive information from the business partners, marketing service providers and publicly available sources.
How We Use Your Information
- Products and Services. We may use your information to provide you with our products and services, including any software updates, to provide information about our products and services or the products and services of our business partners, or to engage in transactions with you.
- Support. We may use your information to provide you with any technical or customer support, or to enable the provisioning of services.
- Safety & Security. We monitor the safety and security of IT systems to protect against fraud and ensuring network and information security.
- Requests and Enquiries. We may use your information to respond directly to your information requests or other enquiries.
- Analysing Request & Usage Patterns. We may use your information to monitor and track usage so that we may enhance our website offerings and improve website navigation.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may use your information for purposes such as performing data analysis, benchmarking, audits, developing new products, improving our products and services, identifying usage trends, and conducting and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Contract Performance. We may use your information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising out of any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- Recruitment. We will use your CV and other applicant information provided in our recruitment procedures for open positions with the company.
- Legal Obligations. We may use your information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
We do not collect or compile information for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes, or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
Where we act as a controller, information which has been submitted to Corvil can be legitimately disclosed to our subsidiary and affiliate entities. Your information will also be transferred to third party service providers who process information on Corvil's behalf, such as providers of information technology, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services.
Your information may be transferred outside the country where you are located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide equivalent protection for your information.
We have taken steps to ensure all information is provided with adequate protection and that all transfers of information outside the EEA are lawful. We will only transfer information outside of the EEA to a recipient who (i) is located in a country determined by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for information; (ii) is subject to an agreement, derogation or other legal act which allows for the lawful transfer of information outside the EEA, such as the European Commission standard contractual clauses or the EU-US Privacy Shield.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
You should also be aware that where you link to another website from the Corvil website, that Corvil has no control over that other website. Accordingly, Corvil cannot guarantee that the controller of that website will respect your privacy in the same manner as Corvil.
We will retain and use your information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or to comply with our business requirements and legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Information
You have the following rights in relation to Corvil's use of personal information. To exercise these rights, please contact us here or email [email protected]
- Access to information - you have a right to know what information we hold about you and to request copies of that information, or ask us to update or correct the information.
- Restriction or Deletion - you have a right to ask that we restrict or limit our processing of your information. You may also ask us to delete your information.
- Objection - if we process your information based on legitimate interests, you can object to that processing. Unless we have compelling legitimate interests or a legal requirement to continue processing, we will cease to process. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, you can opt-out by unsubscribing or by contacting us as above.
- Withdrawal of consent - where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- Complaints - we hope that the need will not arise, but if you do want to complain about Corvil's use of your information, please email us at [email protected] You also have the right to file a complaint with Data Protection Commission ("DPC"), the Irish data protection regulator. For further information on your rights and how to complain to the DPC, please refer to the DPC website or contact the DPC using the following details:
Office of the Data Protection Commission